Sunday, July 15, 2012

The price of anything is the amount of life you exchange for it.


So, here comes another week!  

I am facing some time-management issues since I am trying to adapt myself into a new personal routine, and in times like these the only good thinking comes from focusing and analyzing the big picture before acting.  I recalled, as I often do, some good “advices” written in history by wise men and that is what I am going to do today.  Here I share some good quotes so you might use them or not for your actual needs. 

The tittle is paraphrased from H. Thoreau and it gives me a good example of the effect of hard working in life.

Have a great week – Life is short; Carpe Diem.

Albert Einstein

“Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not simpler.

If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough.”

Eleanor Roosevelt (My Days)

“A little simplification would be the first step toward rational living, I think.”

William of Ockham (also known as Ockham's Razor)

“Plurality should not be assumed without necessity.”

Henry David Thoreau ("Where I Lived and What I Lived For" Walden)

“Our life is frittered away by detail... Simplify, simplify, simplify! ... Simplicity of life and elevation of purpose.

Simplicity, simplicity, simplicity! I say let your affairs be as one, two, three and to a hundred or a thousand… We are happy in proportion to the things we can do without.”

Ralph Waldo Emerson

“Bad times have a scientific value. These are occasions a good learner would not miss.”

Baruch Spinoza

“Do not weep; do not wax indignant. Understand.”

Ken Venturi

“I don't believe you have to be better than everybody else. I believe you have to be better than you ever thought you could be.”

No comments:

Post a Comment